Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who is NYASAGI?

+6
Norimar
IronyChild
Harpie
Synthelement
keito210
NoOne
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who is NYASAGI? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who is NYASAGI?

Post  NoOne Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:49 pm

SO ADORABLE!
I hope someone will translate it for us. *PLEASE?*

It has to do with... material? O___o
NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  Catharsis Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:56 pm

I find it hysterical how NYASAGI is in the attire of a SOLDIER from Final Fantasy.
Catharsis
Catharsis
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:03 pm

Catharsis wrote:I find it hysterical how NYASAGI is in the attire of a SOLDIER from Final Fantasy.

Isn't it great?!
NYASAGI is the best! Smile He can defend my cats any day. And maybe me... ^^;; No. The cats are fine!
NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  Synthelement Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:13 pm

Catharsis wrote:I find it hysterical how NYASAGI is in the attire of a SOLDIER from Final Fantasy.
Haha. I found that funny, too.

I would translate it but most of the kanji is too small/blurred. =/
Synthelement
Synthelement
Alice's Shadow

http://synthelement.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Malice_Rose Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:07 pm

Ah that is because Asagi has a public obsession with Final Fantasy, it is even on his phone!!
Malice_Rose
Malice_Rose
Cheshire Cat

http://www.malice-rose.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gareki no Hana Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:09 pm

Haha, did anybody else think he looked like Sephiroth at the end of the follow me Tour, right before they played Birth? His silhouette totally made me think of that. XD
Gareki no Hana
Gareki no Hana
March Hare

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:49 pm

He reminds me more of Vincent Valentine for some reason.

Gackt had a Final Fantasy character modeled after him, right? Maybe ASAGI should -- since he loves it so much! I wonder which game is his favorite. I still need to buy the one for my DS Lite...
NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  IronyChild Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:00 pm

Catharisis - Wow! I didn't even realise that! Though the costume did look a little familiar...
I got the hint of a Final Fantasy theme through the mention of Materia...

Gareki no Hana - Perhaps... a little, yes.

And to Tillster- I can see why you could draw a link between ASAGI and Vincent Valentine. I believe they have a lot in common.
  • Their hair is similar - note the fringe, and ASAGI occasionally has long black hair like his.
    They both have a gun as their weapon (ASAGI in Dangan)
    They are both associated with vampires.
    They both have red eyes.
    They both are somewhat shy/ antisocial at times.

There could be some other similarities.
I often like bringing them up to a friend who loves Vincent Valentine but hates ASAGI. >_<

And Malice Rose, how do you know its on his phone? Question
IronyChild
IronyChild
ROSE

http://www.bebo.com/_IronyChild_

Back to top Go down

Post  Malice_Rose Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:21 am

IronyChild wrote:Catharisis - Wow! I didn't even realise that! Though the costume did look a little familiar...
I got the hint of a Final Fantasy theme through the mention of Materia...

Gareki no Hana - Perhaps... a little, yes.

And to Tillster- I can see why you could draw a link between ASAGI and Vincent Valentine. I believe they have a lot in common.
  • Their hair is similar - note the fringe, and ASAGI occasionally has long black hair like his.
    They both have a gun as their weapon (ASAGI in Dangan)
    They are both associated with vampires.
    They both have red eyes.
    They both are somewhat shy/ antisocial at times.

There could be some other similarities.
I often like bringing them up to a friend who loves Vincent Valentine but hates ASAGI. >_<

And Malice Rose, how do you know its on his phone? Question

Asagi had mentioned in his blog once that he had gotten a new phone of the same brand since his charger was broken and the phone was a bit old he decided to buy the same one again since he was used to it, but he had mentioned he would be sad for the fact he would have to start all over in his Final Fantasy game because he was on a certain level.
Malice_Rose
Malice_Rose
Cheshire Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:02 pm

IronyChild wrote:I often like bringing them up to a friend who loves Vincent Valentine but hates ASAGI. >_<

How can you love Vincent and not ASAGI? What an odd thing...
Well, I'm not very good at playing the Final Fantasy games. I prefer watching my brother play them. But I have some songs from the Advent Children movie. I never saw it. *pout* No fair!

I feel like I'm going so off topic!

Does anyone know whether ASAGI's had the chance to play on his Nintendo Wii? I have one. I made D on it as cute Miis! Very Happy I should take pictures! (I'm so weird...)
NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  Gareki no Hana Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:36 pm

^ I squeed a little when he mentioned that getting the Wii was one of his most recent happiest moments (well, back during the interview). I was like, "Yay we would probably get along really well~"... but then I remembered that pretty much every other Japanese male is into video games in some way, shape, or form. (Like in the US... but Japan has a wider selection of games!) XP I gotta get my butt to Japan, lol. *is a big fan of video games* I'm surprised he hasn't made any references to Cait Sith yet, though. X3
Gareki no Hana
Gareki no Hana
March Hare

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:10 pm

I also love games! But that's part of why D's so cool. They play games and they're not ashamed of it! (But, as you said, most guys -- especially in Japan -- like video games.) I don't think I'm into it as much as them... but that's okay. I like watching more than playing sometimes. ~So pathetic!!

Wii is so fun! I wonder what games ASAGI has! I only have a few. Of course Zelda is part of the collection! Hmm. Does ASAGI like Zelda? Maybe not. :3 I wish he'd talk more about it. I want to try that game Rui-chan's playing, Dragon Quest.
NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  Gareki no Hana Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:46 pm

I never understood the appeal of the Dragon Quest games. They're such cookie-cutter RPGs. @__@ But the one I'm playing through now (one that I've been working my way through since the beginning of the year, lol) is Dragon Quest VIII for the PS2. It's well-made and reminds me a lot of Tales of Symphonia becaeuse of the cel-shaded art style, but besides fun enemies that you can encounter and a really, really large world that's open for exploration, there's nothing that sets it apart from any other average RPG. (Evolution Worlds, I'm looking at you, too.)

Anyway this is getting slightly off topic... should we start a Video game discussion thread in the General Tea Party?

Meanwhile, I think Asagi's little NYASAGI character is adorable. =3 I wanna try my hand at drawing him, too~
Gareki no Hana
Gareki no Hana
March Hare

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:55 pm

I think a video game thread would be okay... but it should only be about games D plays I think. We always have to keep them in mind! (I think we always do anyway.) I'd like to play Dragon Quest, just to give it a try.

Any way, NYASAGI is fun to draw! I've drawn him plenty of times. You should too! :3 He's so incredibly cute. I wonder how often ASAGI dresses like him. Erm, wait. I'm acting like they're two different people! Ahhh! @__@

For Final Fantasy fans: look! Isn't that funny?

Oh!! About the NYASAGI drawing! Maybe you can draw him as a Final Fantasy character!
NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  IronyChild Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:45 pm

Oh! I haven't been following his journal lately - sometimes when a new one comes out I run it through Babelfish, but I haven't been onto it lately. That's so cute!!!

I think someone should draw ASAGI as a Final Fantasy character for the fanart, I'm sure he would love it! Do a Vincent, do a Vincent, c'mon, you know you want to... You should also include Genesis in there. You know how ASAGI has a respect for Gackt.
...And I never thought of Cait Sith.

Last edited by IronyChild on Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total
IronyChild
IronyChild
ROSE

http://www.bebo.com/_IronyChild_

Back to top Go down

Post  Gareki no Hana Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:57 pm

^ *sniff*

There's never enough love for FFIX... =( Zidanyasagi is sad...

;D

Last edited by gareki no hana on Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gareki no Hana
Gareki no Hana
March Hare

Back to top Go down

Post  Synthelement Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:43 pm

Zidanyasagi = awesome. xD

When I showed my friend the PV for Sleeper for the first time she was like, "OMG! It's Turk Vincent!" And their BIRTH outfits definitely reminded me of FF. I didn't know Asagi was a fan, though. :3
Synthelement
Synthelement
Alice's Shadow

http://synthelement.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Catharsis Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:04 am

Most Japanese musicians come out of the "ILOVEFINALFANTASY" Closet. I do know Asagi loves Fire Emblem and plays with Ruiza. All of them look to be the type who would love Final Fantasy due to the wonderful plot, storyline, constant dialog, costume designs and creativity in every game.

Is it really shocking to know they play games? Many individuals I have engaged in conversation with think of it as bizarre, and that all the bands do is work and never have leisure time. As if they are snobs and held upon a pedestal for display of perfection. I do not think it is "weird" that they take part in the activity of doing something most people do. They are normal people like you and I, so of course they would like to do normal things and enjoy the same simple pleasures of life. Do know I am not pointing fingers, as I said, this has come from one on one conversations and I found it mind boggling.
Catharsis
Catharsis
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:37 am

I wasn't surprised to find out that D loves video games. It's kind of obvious, actually! And that makes me happy!! In a way they're nerds... and nerds are love! I bet they'd kick my butt at any video game. While I like to play I'm not very good. ^^;

OH MY GOSH~ Zidanyasagi is cuuute! Laughing I'm inspired to draw NYASAGI (or just ASAGI) as a Final Fantasy character!! Or maybe all of D. Oh no. I'm getting ideas!
NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  Malice_Rose Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:25 pm

Catharsis wrote:Most Japanese musicians come out of the "ILOVEFINALFANTASY" Closet. I do know Asagi loves Fire Emblem and plays with Ruiza. All of them look to be the type who would love Final Fantasy due to the wonderful plot, storyline, constant dialog, costume designs and creativity in every game.

Is it really shocking to know they play games? Many individuals I have engaged in conversation with think of it as bizarre, and that all the bands do is work and never have leisure time. As if they are snobs and held upon a pedestal for display of perfection. I do not think it is "weird" that they take part in the activity of doing something most people do. They are normal people like you and I, so of course they would like to do normal things and enjoy the same simple pleasures of life. Do know I am not pointing fingers, as I said, this has come from one on one conversations and I found it mind boggling.

Being a Japanese musician though does not excuse anyone from the fact that they are an adult male and an obsession with anything virtual can become unhealthy for young human beings or older ones. An obsession is an obsession, be it a game or food. Moderation is key. I find that just because of their popularity most people will fine it either normal, shocking, or excused. I myself classify it as unhealthy for anyone to be addicted to such brain-numbing devices..

One really cannot define normal though, it is a bias.
Malice_Rose
Malice_Rose
Cheshire Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Gareki no Hana Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:31 pm

My parents have been telling me I'd outgrow games for years. I'm legally an adult now and I don't foresee myself ever quitting (it's not an addiction, though, so to speak - I can go months without playing anything), even when I'll be so bogged down with studying I won't have time to even breathe anymore...

It didn't surprise me at all when they mentioned they were fans of so-and-so series. Their answers just made me perk up and want to inquire as to which particular games they like playing so I could get a feel for their interests. You can tell a lot about a person, I think, based on what they play. In a way it's like looking into what kinds of books they like to read or whatever other hobbies and such they have/do in their spare time.

And thanks for the random comments on Zidanyasagi, guys. ^^ I want to color him eventually.
Gareki no Hana
Gareki no Hana
March Hare

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:31 pm

D likes video games but I wouldn't say they're obsessed. Obsession is a very serious thing. It's not good to be obsessed with anything... not even D. But I think we use the word because a lot of us exagerate. ^^ It's part of most humans nature. And so is loving something. So ASAGI loves Final Fantasy. He also loves his music. He also loves writing beautiful lyrics. He also loves his cats! He even dresses up as a cat! If anything I thought people would be worried about that. But in my opinion, he's just having fun. *Meow!*

I knew D was into video games before I read their diary entries or magazine interviews. Their behavior was familiar. That's what's so great about D. They're not robotic like some other musicians - some other people in general - who always act so serious and refuse to admit their "flaws". Being a dork isn't a flaw! (Though those types of people would think so.) That's something I admire about D. They are who they are and they're not ashamed of it!

We don't have to worry... at least not about that.

gareki no hana ~ Zidanyasagi deserves to be colored-in! I had no idea you drew so well! I'd like to see more in the future, please!
NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum