Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Possible D Holiday..

+5
Gareki no Hana
Synthelement
NoOne
Snarfles
Malice_Rose
9 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

A Possible D Holiday.. - Page 2 Empty Re: A Possible D Holiday..

Post  IronyChild Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:46 am

A DVD combining Alice in Wonderland and D's rebirth sounds pretty cool... and we can always celebrate their original birth as a seperate event. How does that sound?
Thanks so much Synthelement!
And I volunteer to do the editing & compilation if that's all gravy. Next year I'm doing 200 Level Media Practises, so I may even be able to use some professional equipment. Whoosh. Does any one want to design the cover and / or add in some pictures?
Costumes sound fun, but I'm pretty hopeless at that. >_< But if I could, the Queen of Hearts sounds pretty wicked. But then I've always wanted a top hat...
IronyChild
IronyChild
ROSE

http://www.bebo.com/_IronyChild_

Back to top Go down

Post  Gareki no Hana Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:40 am

IronyChild wrote:But then I've always wanted a top hat...
See: Mad Hatter. It's expensive but really well-made. I have the John Bull. It's a little less intense but still has that mad hatter feel to it. ^^

I've almost got everything together for my costume, if I'm gonna go through with it, haha. I wish we all lived relatively near each other so we could sit down for some tea one day and film/take pictures. cheers
Gareki no Hana
Gareki no Hana
March Hare

Back to top Go down

Post  IronyChild Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:19 pm

Wow! That looks awesome Shocked
And you've got it done already? o.o
I wish that too, lol. Sucks being stuck on an island in the middle of nowhere, with no one but Kangaroo-shagging Australia to keep company.
IronyChild
IronyChild
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:43 pm

:arrow:

Last edited by NoOne on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  Gareki no Hana Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:10 pm

Haha, I actually threw a mad tea party a week ago, so the costume I made was kind of... thrown together with what I had at the time. I bought a pair of boots and a hatter-like jacket since then, but I'm still looking for a really good outfit. I'll probably buy a slightly more convincing jacket and an oversized pocket watch early next year, right before we put everything together to send it off.

What are you guys planning on doing? I definitely want to draw lots of fun stuff for the guys, but like... I don't know about pictures and scenery and stuff... I've never done this before. @___@
Gareki no Hana
Gareki no Hana
March Hare

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:17 pm

NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  Gareki no Hana Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:44 pm

Yep! I have a sketchy drawing style but D is waaaay too cool a band to *not* draw. ^^ So hopefully I'll get around to drawing them at some point and send them the pictures as gifts. I've already drawn some pictures of Asagi but I haven't scanned them yet. ^^ They're more sketches than anything, though, and I've gotta get through another line-up (Versailles!) before I can really start working on D's artwork.

But yes, for the DVD and photos, I'm kind of confused about how we'll go about doing the message thing. I've never done it before so just... sit down somewhere and talk? Photos and stuff are pretty self-explanatory I think - wear your D-related outfits and pins and such (same for the video), say a cute little message, and that's it? That doesn't sound so bad. ^^
Gareki no Hana
Gareki no Hana
March Hare

Back to top Go down

Post  IronyChild Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:50 am

Gareki no Hana ~ those drawings sound really cool :p. Any drawings of members would be really wicked in the DVD. Also some costumes that you've done, some chibi, and anything else artistic you can think of would be good. If I could draw, I would do a picture inspired by a song, and have the lyrics underneath it or amongst it. Gareki no Hana (your username) would be really great! Its such a beautiful song: when I read the English translation and listen to the song at the same time, I get tears in my eyes. But unfortunately I can't draw Sad You should do it though, just an idea.
And you can choose to either scan them to put in the DVD, or bind them and send them with the DVD. Or you can do a bit of both. 'tis up to you.

I don't really have any specific ideas for the DVD cover- art - but incorporating some D motifs would be pretty cool; like roses, crowns and cats (Asagi likes those), Alice in Wonderland, Fairy Tales, Victorian-esque, Japanese-style things like fans and sakura flowers ... just use your imagination Smile I think it would be super-kawaii to have all of them in a comic panel doing something funny, perhaps in Alice in Wonderland style. Maybe ASAGI could offer a cup of tea to the Cheshire cat, lol. *random ideas*

And thanks heaps >_<
I'm thinking maybe we could do a set format for the DVD- haven't decided on it yet though.
Maybe an introductory message saying your name, where you're from, and perhaps what your favourite songs are.
Perhaps some stuff in the middle, and then wishing D a happy Mad Tea Party and congratulate on Rebirth.
Just kept really simple, so it'll be easy to translate.
IronyChild
IronyChild
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:37 am

NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  Gareki no Hana Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:27 am

Oh I'll send them the physical drawings. ^_^

I'd like to get a small gift for Asagi, too, if I can find a little charm or something before we send everything off. I may just end up writing him a letter, though, with my limited Japanese. ^^; I'll bug some friends who've taken the language longer than I have and figure something out.
Gareki no Hana
Gareki no Hana
March Hare

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:22 pm

NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  IronyChild Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:36 pm

~ Gareki no Hana - That idea sounds really great! I'm wondering whether I should send a gift as well. But probably not, as I don't want to clutter up the package and I can't think of anything at the moment. >.<

~ Tillster - Cuuute! Yeah, an Alice in Wonderland comic strip was what I had in mind. If I could draw and had ideas, I would do chibi D members doing something funny/cute. Maybe you could make D into Alice in Wonderland characters? Of course ASAGI is the Mad Hatter... maybe Ruiza could be the Cheshire Cat, Hide-Zou the dude smoking on the mushroom, Hiroki the March Hare, and Tsune... something... Just ideas though, and I'm sure you know Alice in Wonderland better than I do. You've got to have Tsune picking on Hide-Zou and Hiroki being a dork though, that's just compulsory. (hehehe)

And if your friend could print a picture on the CD that would be AWESOME! I was wondering what we would do about that... it would look so very depressing if it was just the run-of-the-mill CD with nothing pretty on it.

Its really good that the planning is starting now. I don't want to be the annoying nag going "WHAT IS EVERYONE DOING GODDAMNIT THE DEADLINES COMING UP!" lol.
Getting it done earlier rather than later would be good, since I start my new semester in March and I don't know how busy I'll be afterwards. I just hope the day doesn't coincide with an assignment or something :s
I'm sure you guys will be busy too at some stage, so if we pace ourselves it should be all gravy.
IronyChild
IronyChild
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:04 pm

NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

A Possible D Holiday.. - Page 2 Empty A Possible D Holiday..

Post  IronyChild Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:12 pm

~ Tillster - Smile You should give it a go. Just do some brainstorming. I still like my ideas Wink ASAGI seems so close to Ruiza, and since he also like cats, kitty Ruiza should just be sitting near ASAGI with a little cute ruffle around his neck and with a :3 look on his face. And ASAGI should be balancing a teacup on his head, lmao. (I'm an ideas person, just not so much an execution person :p).

And anyone else here, if you want to submit anything, you're more than welcome. If you like I could start takings right now and collect them in a folder, but there's still plenty of time.
Also, could people vote on whether to either a) Put your fanmade work in with your DVD introduction b) Dedicate a section of the DVD to fanart completely c) Iddle bit of both?
If its b), there should also be votes on which song to put during this part. Preferably a voiceless track.
IronyChild
IronyChild
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:25 pm

Last edited by NoOne on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  Synthelement Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:17 pm

Ooh I'd like to help with the DVD cover. That would be fun. ninja

As for the fan art, you can always make a poll to see what everyone thinks. I'm leaning towards a fan art section myself.

I still don't know how I'm going to do my video section thing (like, what am I going to say? o.o) but I guess I have time to think about it.
Synthelement
Synthelement
Alice's Shadow

http://synthelement.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:26 pm

Arrow

Last edited by NoOne on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  IronyChild Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:41 pm

~ Synthelement - Awesome! You should get out your drawing pencils Smile Any artwork would be wicked as.

Either method is good for me, it really depends more on how people are going to submit their messages. If the majority are doing video messages, then perhaps a section devoted to fanart and other illustrations would be more appropriate. But if more people are going to submit voice clips, then perhaps the art should be their visuals. So maybe the question I should be asking is who is going to do video comments and who is going to do audio comments? Numbers if you can, please?

And I think a minute would be best. It depends how many people are in the project. I'll just make a rough estimate... 15 ? Or more? I have no idea of numbers here. The more people entering, the shorter the message will be. If its about 15, then 45-seconds to one minute should be fine. If there's more, perhaps more like 20-30 seconds. I don't think that D would want to sit through a long DVD. They've probably got a lot of things to do, lols.

Once I have everything, I'll edit and cut back as much as I can, and when I'm pretty much done I'll post a private preview to Youtube so everyone can view it and comment on it before it is sent. Once it gets the okay-stamp, I'll get it burned into a CD, and send it to whoever is going to do the CD printing, and from there on, we should decide who is going to collate it all - should there be one address to which the physical things are sent and compiled? Perhaps it should be centralised- do most of you live in America? If someone from America collects everything, it might mean less postage and time in sending around. These are just ideas, pick them to pieces if you like.

I'm not sure if there will need to be a region code-CD or not.
IronyChild
IronyChild
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:51 pm

Arrow

Last edited by NoOne on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:56 pm

Last edited by NoOne on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  IronyChild Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:17 pm

Sorry to be such a self promoter... just in case anyone's interested, I've just updated some of my D videos, so you can take a peeksie if you like. They're still not the best just yet, but I think I'm improving in my editing; I should be better by next year when we get that DVD put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY_7U0tlFLc&feature=channel (A Tribute to Asagi) - A remake of 'ASAGI fanvid'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbWt80HDim8&feature=channel ('D' is for 'Dork') - A remake of 'The Best of D'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS04sPIs400&feature=channel- (ASAGI is the Ultimate Lover)- A remake.
IronyChild
IronyChild
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:58 am

Arrow

Last edited by NoOne on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  Synthelement Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:03 pm

Tillster wrote:O happy day!
I found the Alice's Adventures in Wonderland online, so if you'd like to read, click here! It's the best book ever if you ask me! But it's been ages since I've last read it, which is why I'm embarrassed to confess: I've been wrong about the hour Mad Tea Party took place! It was six o'clock, not three. (So I went back and switched my three's into six's, though it's kind of pointless.)

I also found an Alice movie on YouTube today. It's a lot like the book, though Alice's appearance isn't quite right. It's sweet though. You should really watch the
Mad Tea Party scene! It's great!
Hehe that video made me smile! I'd like to rent that movie. It looks really good.
Synthelement
Synthelement
Alice's Shadow

http://synthelement.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  NoOne Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:34 pm

Last edited by NoOne on Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
NoOne
NoOne
ROSE

Back to top Go down

Post  Malice_Rose Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:49 am

IronyChild wrote:Sorry to be such a self promoter... just in case anyone's interested, I've just updated some of my D videos, so you can take a peeksie if you like. They're still not the best just yet, but I think I'm improving in my editing; I should be better by next year when we get that DVD put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY_7U0tlFLc&feature=channel (A Tribute to Asagi) - A remake of 'ASAGI fanvid'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbWt80HDim8&feature=channel ('D' is for 'Dork') - A remake of 'The Best of D'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS04sPIs400&feature=channel- (ASAGI is the Ultimate Lover)- A remake.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us. We shall all look forward to your entry for the DVD when everything has been arranged for the holiday.
Malice_Rose
Malice_Rose
Cheshire Cat

http://www.malice-rose.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum